It’s already three years ago that our boats were hauled onto dry land and we landed on the old shipwharf “De Ceuvel-Volharding”. The past year was again a great year for us. International attention for our project is growing and the past year we’ve been mentioned in several scientific publications and were featured on television in several countries.
For us, this year was about the physical improvement of our space. With strong shoulders and a lot of power of improvisation, the following projects have been realized:
– Café de Ceuvel has been extensively renovated with more public space, a bigger kitchen and new bathrooms.
– On the water we’ve been joined by our latest Ceuvel member. Asile Flottant is a floating hotel, consisting of several beautiful old ships along the jetty in the water, retrofitted into hotel suites.
– The (bicycle-)parking area has been paved and we build a new gate.
– Between the Styrofoamhouse and the fence we’ve build new outside toilets
– The bottom of the Biogasboat has been filled up with the old asphalt of the Klaprozenwe, around the corner. Soon the biogas installation will be fully operational.
De Ceuvel remains a temporary project, but with lasting impact.
We want to celebrate the succeses of the past year with you and want to show everyone how we’re doing. That’s why we’re organizing a party with champgane, high fives, open workspaces, nice music, and the greatest people in the world: you guys, our neighbors, friends and loyal allies.
!!!!! Attention! Our birthday party is organized slightly differently this year. This year we’re going to sell tickets for the evening programme !!!!
From 12:00 till 18:00
A walk along the jetty: open workspaces, documentaries, lectures and programmes in the boats, tours of De Ceuvel, talks with the artists and creatives of our sustainable workspace.
From 18:00 till late
Drinks on the square: live music by great bands, easy going records being spun, awesome food, and awesome party. Untill 23:00 party outside, afterwards party in the Café.
Bands: Collectief Explosief (jazz/rock&roll/funk) & Bacchanalia(psychedelic cumbia)
DJs: Chin Chan & more TBA