Are you a chef passionate about vegan and sustainable food and looking for a new challenge? From this winter onwards we are looking for a new chef! We are restaurant focusing on sustainability, with innovative menus, a team that feels like a family and our own greenhouse on the roof.
- Are experienced for at least 1 or 2 years working as a head-chef
- Are passionate about sustainable food
- Have experience with cooking vegan and vegetarian food
- Have experience managing a team
- Are a problem solver and effective communicator
- Have basic computer and administrative skills
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Creating an innovative, accessible and circular menu
- Managing the kitchen team (job interviews, scheduling, supporting)
- Integrating fresh food from our greenhouse into the menu
- Food safety and hygiene of the kitchen (HACCP)
- Finance and ordering
Café de Ceuvel is on a quest for truly good food, not only affordable, delicious and healthy, but also good for the planet as a whole. That’s why we are always trying to find new ingredients and dishes that showcase how sustainability can be delicious. We cooperate with local and urban farmers, we grow our own herbs and lettuce in an aquaponics system on the roof and are always looking for the most innovative examples for circular food.
Café de Ceuvel is part of De Ceuvel, a former shipyard transformed into a sustainable workplace, by lifting old houseboats onto the land, and equipping them with sustainable technologies such as composting toilets, heat exchangers, solar panels and helophyte filters. The soil of the old shipyard is toxic and in between the houseboats a special mix of plants has been planted to clean the terrain from it’s pollutants.
The starting date is flexible: depending on when you are available, somewhere between now and the end of the year. If you are interested, send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of September. For any questions you can also call Myrthe during workdays at: +31 6 22273406.